Ugandan Trip Journal, May 12, 2013

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day.  But not much sign of it around here.  A few mentions of it.  Rashid's comment Saturday, "Oh, isn't Mother's Day sometime soon?"

We ladies and our kids were blessed to attend Joy's church again.  W-- did his usual nap, falling asleep during the amazing and loud worship time, and remaining asleep through the end of the service.  After the service, Joy took us back to the "mzungu" ("non-African") shopping mall, where we bought W--'s shoes last week.  I was grateful to return, because those bargain priced kids Crocs were nagging at me.  :)  So that was my Mother's Day treat: buying a few pairs for the kids.
The second part of the treat was getting to Skype those little people who those shoes were for.  I talked to Adrianna and Abel, with W-- at my side, at about 5:00 pm Ugandan time, 8:00 am their time, as they were eating breakfast before church.  As we Skyped, I got to watch Scott trying to get the tangles out of Adrianna's hair and "tame her mane" for 20 minutes.  I don't get the impression that he enjoys that part of single parenting.
 
I dealt with a day of feeling the weight of my sin -- not obeying the nudging of the Spirit, not taking every thought captive.  By the night time, I felt the burden of it all so strongly, and came to the Lord in confession.  Boy, did I need it.  That feeling of separation from God is just dreadful.  I just kept remembering that blackness in my heart that God revealed to me during the healing of my back, and I kept thinking, 'I don't want blackness to build up in there again.'

Comments

Evan said…
You are on my heart every day but especially mother's day as you were separated from two of you sweet kiddos. I know this time away from your loved ones is so very hard but you must remember to look at the big picture. Embrace all these special moments in your son's birth country and soak them up like a sponge. What a great time to work on bonding without many other distractions. Hang in there, we are here praying for all 5 of you. Hugs sweet friend!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies