A year ago today

A year ago today...

My heart was breaking as we waited for our adoption referral.  We waited our ten months (the average for a referral time with our agency), and I asked God if He would let us hear who our child was by Christmas.  (For more from last December, see Father May I?)

As as I went to the Christmas Eve service with our church, and saw one of the couples from our small group who had prayed with us for our referral news, they asked.  I forlornly put my head down, with a few unshed tears, and replied, "No.  No, we haven't heard."

I thought that God answered, "No.  Not yet."

I was wrong.  He did answer.

A year ago today, one loving father was making one of the most difficult decisions of his life...

A year ago today, one loving father let his son go...  Not because he didn't love him enough; because he loved him too much.

Thank you, M---.  The decision you made changed our lives.  Thank you for sheltering our boy, for giving him all you had.

Thank You, Father.  Giving up Your Son is something You have done, too.... 
And both have changed my life.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you for your blog. It's encouraging to read about Abel as I wait for our referral!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies