"Father, may I?"

Starting a couple of weeks ago, I began asking God daily if we could get our adoption referral by Christmas. I know that our God gives lavishly to His children.

Matthew 7:11 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"

And so I asked to know who our child is.

And last Friday, as our adoption agency closed it's doors until January 4, I got my answer.

"Not yet."

I admit, I cried. I told our Father how sad I was. But His is an answer I can live with. I knew from the first prayer that the answer might be, "Not yet." But I know God also drew me to Himself as I petitioned Him, with my longing heart. And I know that I prayed, "Not my will, but Yours be done." So He did His will, and not mine. Since His will is always perfect, I accept that He knows what He is doing.

As I prayed, He gave me a glimpse of the way my prayer was being answered, moving people and events, half-way around the world, in Ethiopia -- but in God's timing. He is a huge God!

Comments

J.E.Oppenheim said…
I'm so sorry for the pain! I know it's for the best and all, but I also know it hurts like crazy to have to keep waiting when you want this dear little one so much. May our Lord send comfort with his message of "Wait."
I can't imagine!! Ugg!

Praying for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies