Independence

Adrianna started preschool today.  I've been anticipating/dreading this day since last spring, when we signed her up.  She's been anticipating it.  I have had my girl home for almost five years, all to myself.  And now, I know I need to let her go.  It's time for her to gain a little independence.  She needs to have some time to grow, without me shadowing her.

After much prayer, I took her and dropped her off quickly this morning.  I didn't give her or me a chance to cry. I gave her a quick hug, with an, "I love you!" attached, and headed out the door with her little brother.  On my way out, I took a peek back as she glanced nervously around the room, wondering what she was allowed to play with.  And then I took Abel and Rusty on a nice long walk, so I could pray for my former baby.

Three hours later, Abel and I returned to find a happy little girl, sitting nicely in circle time, listening to the Berenstain Bear's back to school book.  She was the first one picked up (they are allowed to be picked up between 11:30 and 12:30), because I didn't want her to feel sad if she saw other children going home first.  I think she must have had fun; she asked if I can let her stay later next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies