Meet Abel!

We are praising God this morning!  After two unsuccessful court dates, we passed court in Ethiopia today!

And what verse should I read this morning, but Psalm 34:3...
"Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together."  

 (When I read it, I was hoping beyond hope that I would be able to post it on here after we passed court!)

Now we are finally allowed to introduce our son to you!  His name is Abel (which means "breath").  We love his name and are so excited to raise our son in the legacy of the Biblical Abel, a faithful and righteous man, and the first prophet (Luke 11:46-51).

These are the pictures I have been longing to share.  The first is the referral picture -- the first glimpse we got of our little boy.

Here are the pictures we took of us with Abel's picture, which we put together on a ring to send to him.  (We're hoping he'll get to see those now that we have passed court!)
The following are ones that families traveling to Ethiopia to pick up their children took for us.  (Thank you, CHI families!!)
Psalm 34:4 "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

Comments

Jessica Maupin said…
He is walking! I love that picture! I am so excited for you guys. Congratulations!
cathyjoy said…
OMGosh! I am already in love so I can only imagine how you feel! When do you get to go bring him home????
Unknown said…
The Weber family rejoices with you!!! Praise God for the great thing he has done! Congratulations. We will continue to have your family in our prayers and you go to meet him for the first time and take him home. I can't wait to meet him myself!
Christy. said…
He is absolutely precious!!
I woke up praying for you guys this morning! Hurrah! And he is just beautiful!
April said…
Happy dance time! *SO* happy for you guys!! :D
J.E.Oppenheim said…
I pulled out his baby blanket to work on last night (before we knew for sure), and started prepping it. I had such peace, I believed I wouldn't "jinx" things by starting on it at last...Our God was already at work! Much love to all>>Mom
Missy said…
He is wayyyyyy toooooo cute!!!!!! Congratulations!! Hope you get to travel VERY quickly!!!!
The Chesnut's said…
Love the photos and we can't wait to meet him!!!!
Jenny said…
He is a DOLL! My husband and I are adopting through CHI. We are currently 40 on the waiting list for a little girl 6 months - 30 months.
Thanks for sharing pics with us!!
Rebecca said…
I'm sooo excited for you guys! Praise God!!
Steph and Dusty said…
woooohoooo! How exciting and what a little cutie.
YAYYYYYYYYAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! :)

Thank You, Lord!!!!

Can't wait to meet him!!!! (And hold him, if he'll let me!!)

We love him already!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies