Trust... Again

It has been a rough few days.  Hearing that Ethiopia changed it's court date policy last week (see entry below) left us with so many questions.
Will this change delay our bringing home our precious boy?  Likely.  
Will we get our court date this week and need to fly there next week?  Possibly.  I hope and pray so.  
Or will we need to wait for several more weeks before we even hear about a court date?  Maybe.

By Thursday night of last week, my head was swirling with doubts and fears.  My biggest fear kept calling from the farthest corners of my doubt:  What if something happens and we are not allowed to bring our son home??

That one fear wouldn't leave me alone.  It followed me into all of my other activities.  What if you can't bring your son home?  What if you can't bring your son home??

By Thursday night, I just wanted to go to sleep to make the worry stop -- at least for a few hours.  But I knew better.  I knew what I really needed.

Finally, I opened the Bible to read my Year Through the Bible section.  How appropriate: I'm in the book of Job right now.  Through His Word, I heard God asking me:  "Do you trust Me?"  
And the conversation went something like this: "Do I trust You?  Yes."  
"Even if you cannot bring your son home?"  
"Even if I can't bring my son home -- ever??...  Yes.  Even if I cannot bring my son home ever, I trust You."
"Then wait in trust."

I knew this conversation seemed familiar...  Back in October, I had to answer the same thing.  (Do you trust Me?)  I guess I'm a slow learner on this trust thing.

I am comforted, though.  If Job, in the midst of his suffering and the badgering of his ruthless friends, can answer, "I know that my Redeemer lives!" (Job 19:25), I know the same is true for me.  I know that my Redeemer lives and because He lives, He intercedes for me (and my boy!) (Hebrews 7:25).  

Thank You, Lord.

Comments

The Chesnut's said…
The following verse has helped me over the past few weeks.. May it comfort you too...
The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17.
I love the image of God holding us like a baby and quieting us with his love.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies