Not goodbye again

I do not think anyone likes goodbyes. My friend Jennifer and her family moved away at the end of June. That was just about enough friends leaving for me for a long while. But I guess God had other plans. My friend Emily, who just moved home in May, after being away at college, is leaving again. I know she's following her heart, and she's desiring to follow God's path for her. But that doesn't mean I want her to go.

We spent a lovely "goodbye" morning together, riding the bus to town together, meeting up with another of our good friends and her son. The loveliness of it made it all the sadder, though. It served to remind me that we will not be able to do that again together for a while.

Emily is such a fun addition to an outing -- playing with our kids, delighting us with conversation, and being up for anything. Capturing that first shot, of Emily handing Adrianna bread for the ducks, was actually an accidental picture, but it states so much more than words about what we feel about her.



We will miss you, Emily. Blessings as you go... Excited to hear about the way God leads you on your journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies