A work in progress

God's blessing... yes, that wainscoting is God's blessing, and the enemy wanted me to forget that. Last Friday, Scott's Friday off work, I had a plan of the things I needed to do, and then Scott's dad called. He said they were delaying their trip to Houston, and would we like him to come help with the wainscoting now? That might have worked out nicely, but Scott decided he wanted the room painted first (we hadn't even bought our paint yet!), and then he subsequently got called into work. Wait -- what's this...? You want me to watch Adrianna, buy paint, paint the room, and follow through with my original plan to make lunch for someone who needed help??

Needless to say, blessings were not flowing from my mouth. And when Scott's dad arrived, Adrianna was tantruming, as was I, and Scott was already at work. Ai yi yi.

As the picture reveals, Scott and I did eventually get the room painted. When he returned from work (with paint in hand!), we worked on it together. We missed out on getting our wainscoting up; Scott's dad started cutting the floor boards, and ran out of time to start the wainscoting.

I'm so grateful for God's mercy, and the forgiveness of those around me.

Comments

Oh yes...Just when we have these wonderful reminders to uplift us we are then bombarded by all that is opposite of that. I've been there, sister...so glad that you were able to get a portion of it done! :)

Looks awesome so far! LOVE the color! Wee bit of improvement I might add!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies