Progress and Prayer

We received great news last week that the paperwork for our new daughter waiting for us in Uganda was completed!  We received more exciting news when our affidavit for Uganda arrived via email Friday morning.  We rushed to put our papers together, we notarized our signatures, and we sent it back on it's way via Fed Ex to Uganda.

And now we wait for a court date!  Humanly speaking, we are looking at a court date in January, most likely.  There are usually several judges working on adoption cases in Uganda, but currently, most of them are out of the court.  But, at the beginning of October, God put it on my heart to pray for a November court date.  And so we've prayed.  We've asked all our friends to join us in asking God for a miracle.  Yes, we trust His perfect timing for whenever He would have us go.  But, He also lets us know that we can ask Him for the things we need (James 4:2-4).  And we need a court date so that we can bring our daughter home.

Here's a verse I was touched by as I prayed on Monday...

Psalm 119:116 
Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live;
And do not let me be ashamed of my hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies