Ugandan Trip Journal, May 15-17

Wednesday, May 15 - Friday, May 17, 2013

After Monday and Tuesday at the passport office, we also spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday there.

As I prayed for our passports Monday and Tuesday, God revealed to me that we would need a mighty work of His hand for them to come to fruition, and that I should pray for Him to receive the glory.

We kept our routine of sitting in the tea tent until after lunch time, and then headed for the shady grass by the bathrooms.  Occasionally, we would be asked to leave the grassy area by an employee, and we'd return to the tea tent for another soda.  Our children were little troopers with the minimal toys we could bring.  And W-- got several naps on my lap, as my hind side fell asleep at our concrete sitting spot.  We'd leave in sheer exhaustion, ride home in near silence, have dinner, put our kids to bed, and prepare to return the next day. 

Thursday night, I spent extra time in prayer, asking God if we could get our passports Friday, so that we could return home May 24, as scheduled.  He blessed me with a terrific Psalm, but I'm unable to share the details here.

We left Friday afternoon, still with no passports, and with more reasons to pray. 

Excuse the brevity, but fatigue prevails for now.  :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies