God's gifts from reminders of His faithfulness

We are still waiting... waiting for word of our Ugandan court date.  Yep, we were told we'd probably travel in January.  And then three weeks ago, when we got our affidavit, we were told we'd probably travel within 2-4 weeks of them receiving it.  Well, apparently we still have lessons to learn in patience.  :)  I thought I had learned a few with Abel, but I guess I still have more to learn!

The blessing was being able to look back at this blog this afternoon, and see all those gifts of grace God gave me in the waiting for Abel.  See Hope lost, but not hopelessCourt date... rescheduledReferral anniversary And those words He gave me during that time three years ago for such moments of waiting...


Psalm 27

I would have lost heart, 
unless I had believed
that I would see the
goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait (in faith) on the Lord;
be of good courage,
and He shall strengthen your heart;
wait, I say, on the Lord!

As I've struggled over the last week with anxiety in waiting, I have had to turn to our Father over and over, asking for more faith, more trust.  He is caring for my little W.  He is the Father to the fatherless (Psalm 68); He is giving W all that I cannot, just as he did with Abel those three years ago.

Comments

Evan said…
Waiting is no fun! But as you say, there are lessons in waiting! We are faithfully praying for you all!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies