God's gifts 467-478

As another day drags on without permanent running water in our house -- and facing uncertainty about how to repair the problem, how much it will cost, and when it will happen -- I'm afraid to say I'm feeling a little sorry for myself.  I am grateful to be reminded of the beauty of consistent, clean, available water.  What a beautiful gift to live in a place where it is the norm and not the exception.

Dwelling on the problem without any quick solutions has brought tension to our household, which then leaves us all with hurt feelings and frustration.  And so today, on a day I considered skipping writing my thankful list, I believe it is even more necessary than usual.

467. Living in a country with clean, drinkable water available to each house
468. Knowing that God is in control, working for our good, with His perfect solution for our (in the scheme of things, relatively minor) problem
469. Having a friend who is a contractor, and is willing to give us his time and advice
470. Borrowing potable water containers from our neighbor -- sure makes washing our hands easier
471. Attending Adrianna's end-of-the year preschool conference
472. Taking Adrianna to her last gymnastics class of the school year






473. Adrianna turning an empty box into a hiding spot
 474. Adrianna writing her ABC's for me to check (her own idea)
 475. Riding next to an excited sweet boy on the bus
 476. Showing Adrianna and Abel how to let "helicopter" seed pods fly in the wind
 477. Watching Adrianna and Abel explore with their garage sale Jeep
 478. Our neighbor boy taking Abel under his wing

Comments

A. said…
That picture of Abel and your neighbor is absolutely adorable. I love your list and am definitely starting one of my own. Today.
Good for you! And I think that's how to remain in the throne room!

Hang in there!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies