God's gifts 76-88

Today was so packed with "moments," I'm just afraid I won't remember them all.  :)

76. Making Ethiopian teff cereal for breakfast.  It has no ingredients that Adrianna is allergic to and Abel loves the taste of home.  And it's high in fiber and protein and has no sugars (perfect for me, too!).

77. Praising Jesus with our body of believers.










78. Surprising Adrianna with a little something.  Scott asked her to guess what it might be, and gave her a clue that it was something she had wanted for a long time.  "Is it an iron?" she asked hopefully.  Our girl has wanted a play iron and ironing board for at least two years now.  And so when I saw one at a store a few weeks ago, I bought it without her knowing.


79. Abel dressing up for church in his dapper new Easter outfit (kindly handed down from a friend).















80. Scott getting to show Adrianna his leftover clam shells from last night's seafood dinner, and her knowing exactly what they were because she'd heard about them on the Box Car Children.

81. Trading off turns making a necklace with Adrianna with beads saved from my childhood.

82. Taking a walk with the kids after dinner.

83. Abel saying, "Ruthie" perfectly and knowing which dog is Rusty and which is Ruthie.

84. Adrianna using her straws she brought on the walk to collect "curly-q's."

85. Abel running and squealing just out of sheer excitement to be on a walk.

86. Making Ethiopian teff pudding to share with the kids.




87. Trying to teach the kids had to flip hands over to "wear" their fingers like glasses.

88. Telling Adrianna about my thankful list and her responding with complete understanding.  "I want to make my own Love List!  I could make pictures and take pictures... I could..."  She spent five minutes telling us how she could make it and the beginning of what her list would include.  One of her first thankfuls was, "Abel coming from Ethiopia to live with us."

Comments

Pinon Coffee said…
Aw, and I'm grateful because the curly-q reminds me of home! We called them "princess rings" growing up. They used to grow out front at Crossroads.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies