A Fondue Valentine's Day

A few years ago, before Valentine's day, I bought a new fondue pot.  Our former one had a gas flame, which was a little challenging to keep at the ideal temperatures, and the pot was stainless steel (a little difficult to clean, especially when foods were scorched onto it).  When I saw an electric, non-stick one at a friend's house, I had a little fondue pot envy.  I saved my desire for a new pot for Valentine's day, and then used it as my present to Scott.  We've pulled it out in February (and a few other times of the year) every year since.  One year, we had Scott's parents watch Adrianna, so we could have a romantic fondue night.  One year, we had dessert fondue after Adrianna went to bed.


This year, however, we planned a Valentine's family fondue night.  After finding a milk-free chocolate fondue recipe in the Deceptively Delicious cookbook (with avocado and carrots pureed in it!), I thought it might be the perfect way to start a new family tradition.  The kids seemed to like the idea.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies