A little gripe

Our sweet boy has been teething the last two weeks...  While he can handle the pain without showing it too much during the day time, at night time, it seems to be conquering him (and us!).  We have had several nights where all four of us have been up from 3:00-5:30 with him crying/not sleeping.  Because he is generally a very good sleeper, none of us are used to interrupted nights anymore.

To make things a little more complicated, I've been battling migraines for over a month now.  In general, I get maybe one a month or less.  In the last month, however, I have had probably six or seven, with them persisting for days, rather than being over within several hours.  I do have a doctor's appointment next week to see if I can get some help with them.  As one fellow migraine sufferer (and friend) was sharing with me today, she read about how many different things can be triggers for migraines and when the triggers compile, the threshold for what causes them lowers, and they can happen more frequently.  I think that is where I am now: everything is triggering them.

Now I have griped enough.  :)  Through it all, God's been good.  He's given me extra patience with my kids and He's given me a husband who's stepped in with helping hands.  My mother-in-law even came to my rescue on Tuesday, when I double-booked an appointment for Abel and one for me without realizing it.  She took Abel to the pediatrician for me on twenty minutes' notice!

And I do have something fun to look forward to... My dad and step-mom are coming to visit for the long weekend tomorrow.  And on Tuesday, I get to have my gums grafted.  Okay, maybe that's not quite something to look forward to, but my husband's going to stay home and help with the kids next week, so that I can recuperate.

Many blessings to you, with all the complications in your own life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies