Gum grafts

I know others who have recently undergone knee surgery or other invasive procedures... My gum graft hardly ranks up there with those, but I do want to give credit where it is due.

If you are wondering about my conclusion to my gum graft surgery (mentioned in "A Little Gripe), I want to thank God for His kindness.  My parents both had the same procedure done a few years ago, and warned me that the recovery was VERY uncomfortable.

So, last Tuesday, when Scott drove me to the periodontist's office, I was a little nervous.  I'm not sure if being prepared for pain helps or hinders a situation...!  Thankfully, as the doctor had said, the procedure was over very quickly.  With only some high-dose ibuprofen, I went home in only minimal discomfort.

Not eating solid foods for two days and not talking for those two days was more unbearable than the small amount of pain.  By the end of the first day, Adrianna seemed lonesome for her mom, even though she had been trying to communicate with me non-verbally for most of the day.   By the second day, Abel was mad at me for not talking to him, and did not even want me to hold him, but only wanted to go to Scott.

But after the period of not talking was over, I marveled to Scott at how much better my recovery was than my parents had prepared me for.  I thank God that He brought such swift healing; it was a gift.

And I thank Scott for taking time off of work to take care of me and our children.  I was touched the first afternoon of recovery, while laying in bed, to overhear Scott playing dolls with Adrianna.  Now that's a sweet dad.  And he did laundry and picked up after Abel brought toys all over the house.  For his help, I am very grateful.

Comments

J.E.Oppenheim said…
I'm so glad you're feeling better! And what a blessing Scott has been. Praise God, also for your stent--is that the right name for it? Having that to cover the open area helps, I think. Not having it was a huge part of the misery for my recovery, not wanting to get any food into the "site", etc.
Blessings to you all, dear ones.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies