Family visit

When my dad and step-mom came for visit for the long weekend, Abel seemed to have no trouble remembering them.  After a walk around the block, we got home, and my dad played with Abel on the tricycles in the backyard.  Abel has been longing for them through our back window, but I haven't been willing to brave the cold.  My dad was just his ticket!  Abel had so much fun, that when they came inside, he did not want to let my dad go.











Abel also quickly discovered that he had two extra readers at his disposal.  He brought one book after another to read with his grandparents.


 Because Adrianna had an ice skating lesson on Saturday, we weren't able to make any big plans, but we did all go to watch her...
 And little brother had to try out her scarf.

 My dad, Debbie, Adrianna, and I then went ice skating.  We realized that it was my dad's first time in 20 years, which was funny for me to hear, since he is the one who taught me to enjoy skating when I was young.  Adrianna enjoys it, too, but is so cautious that her fear is stunting her progress a wee bit.

 We got some fun play time at home, and enjoyed the nearby restaurants that have become my dad and Debbie's favorites.  And then the weekend was over.  Time went so fast, but it was fun to spend it together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies