A new American

 Our boy became a citizen today.  I realized how easy it is to take American citizenship for granted when it is given to you at birth.  I have not spent much time thinking about my own citizenship.  But when we had to work so hard to get it for Abel, and we went to pick up his citizenship certificate today, I stopped to think about it.  Our son is now considered an American, with all the rights and responsibilities that holds.  And I am grateful for all those who went before us to make that possible.

 After going through the metal detectors and high security doors with my in-laws, we were afraid that we would not be allowed to take pictures.  But we arrived in this kind man's office, and saw Abel watching him intently, we asked the question.  The man said it was no problem.


 Meet the newest (and cutest) American citizen... Our son!

Comments

Evan said…
YAY CONGRATS ABEL!! I love the pic of him peaking over the desk!!
Christy. said…
So, so cute!! I love that they are now citizens!!
What a special day!! This is indeed something wonderful to celebrate!

He is SO precious!

Thanks for your message the other day -- great to hear your voice and perfect timing too.
J.E.Oppenheim said…
How WONDERFUL!!!!!!! Praise God that it came to pass!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies