Acceptance

Who will love me for me?
Not for what I have done or what I will become.
Who will love me for me?

I've been facing the pain of rejection lately.  It has been flashing me back to the painful days of childhood...  All the feelings come flooding back: If I had better hair and clothes...  If I weighed less... If I were less annoying and less introverted... Then maybe they'd like me more?

I am so grateful that Jesus does not think about me that way.  I pray that I would see myself as He does.
I will love you for you,
Not for what you have done or what you will become.
I will love you for you.

"Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the children of God!"  I John 3:1

And I pray that I would see others as Jesus does.  I know I am not the only one who wants to be loved for who I am.

*This is my 200th blog entry in two years.  I began this blog to record God's faithfulness in our adoption.  Thank You for Your faithfulness, Father!

Comments

Wow.

Your honesty is so refreshing.

I wish it weren't so but I can relate with every word.

You, as you know, are one of my most favorite people in the entire world...and I love you so dearly.

Take heart and know that although you do not feel like it most times, you ARE a beautiful princess of The King and He is completely captivated by you.

He has given you a new name and you are lovely. If you listen closely you can hear Him singing over you as He takes great delight in you.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies