White pre-Christmas

Our state received extra snow last year, thanks to the El Nino weather pattern.  Because the La Nina pattern tends to follow the next year, many forecasters predicted very little precipitation for us this winter.  And so, Tuesday, when it was 55 degrees, and the kids and I were having lunch on the back patio, I did not hold out much hope for snow before Christmas.

Thank goodness,  I was wrong!  A storm stalled over us yesterday (much to the forecasters' surprise), and we got lots of the happy white stuff.  Abel got to see his first snow.  When he first got out in it, he tried pointing at all the falling flakes.  After that, he was disappointed that I took him inside, and he went banging on the back door to get out in it.  By yesterday evening, he got his fill, when I bundled the kids up and took them out to shovel with me, while we waited for Scott to make it home.

(Please excuse Abel's pink gloves; when we couldn't find his red ones, he had to borrow Adrianna's.  :)



This morning, with the snow still falling, and Scott's work cancelled for the day, Adrianna sweetly said, "So what will we do today?"  We told her we just planned to hang out at home and have fun.  Since some of her favorite words are: "I want to make something..." she quickly got involved in an advent calendar craft.
 
And Abel enjoyed playing with the colored pencils.

Comments

Christy. said…
SO fun, I love snow days!!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies