A little less festive

Because I am a little controlling about my house, Christmas decorating tends to be a chore for me.  The last several years, I've spent three hours on a Sunday afternoon taking down the regular decorations around our kitchen, family room, and dining room, packing them away, and putting up the Christmas decorations.  And the last several years, I've gotten grouchy with anyone who got in my way during that time of intense disorder and chaos (my least favorite states for my house).  Needless to say, it has not really been a fun time in my household.

This year, probably because we were starting a week later than usual decorating and probably because I have two kids now, I decided I just did not have the energy to do all that.  And really, what's the point??  Christmas is about remembering Jesus coming for us, not about me decorating my house in frustration.

So this year, I pulled out six of my favorite decorations, put them on our mantel, and called it done.  I let Adrianna (Scott and I helped with the high ones) put up the Christmas tree ornaments.  Our tree came from a friend's property, so it's a little sparse, but homey.  It can't hold too many ornaments, so we put up maybe a third of our ornaments, and packed the rest away.

It may be a little less festive around here, but it is probably a good thing for a controlling person to remember that this holiday is not about me.

"For unto us a Child is born, for unto us a Son is given..."
Isaiah 9:6





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies