Pumpkin patch, pumpkin craft

Last week, Adrianna's preschool took a field trip to a local "pumpkin patch," and Abel and I tagged along.  While the "pumpkin patch" was a little disappointing (just pumpkins set up on a church property), there were many pumpkins to be had at good prices.  Abel tried tackling the pumpkins, climbing on them, and attempting to wear me out, while Adrianna dealt with unexplained anxiety about riding the school bus, which turned her into a whining, naggy child.  I guess I would call it a hard morning for a mom.
:

(I wasn't really a big fan of the alien photo op, but Abel kept posing in it with a huge smile!)After nap time that day, in an attempt to redeem the morning, I let the kids decorate their pumpkins.  Adrianna used paint markers, while Abel used washable paints.  Abel did great painting until he decided he was done, without letting me know that he was done.  I'm afraid to say, I gave him quite an angry reaction when he threw his freshly painted pumpkin across my dining room floor.  (Another difference between crafts with boys vs. girls!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies