Next inspiration

I felt so inspired helping Adrianna make her flower shirt (see previous), that I got a vision for a shirt for Abel...  And what better time to work on it than when Adrianna and Scott took a special Daddy-daughter trip to visit Scott's brother and his family in Houston?

So Abel and I got by for four days while they were gone, and Abel got a new shirt out of the deal.
 Thankfully, before I got to the little windows and wheels on this one, by mother-in-law told me about Wonder Under.  This iron-on adhesive has become my new crafting best friend.  Boy, did that save me a lot of hassle with those tiny car parts!

I'm pretty certain Abel felt the absence of our other family half (and I know I did!).  On Thursday, he looked over from his car seat, to where Adrianna's seat usually is, and gave his frowny eyes.  Later that night, when I stayed in his room with him so that he could fall asleep, which is what Adrianna usually does by sleeping in there, he looked over at her empty bed, and said, "Anna.  Anna."  

We weren't all sad, though.  Abel and I had some good bonding time.  He even helped me pick up a garage sale swing set (which never would have happened if Scott were here!).

Scott sent me these pictures of the fun Adrianna and her cousin Natalie had at the zoo on Friday.  



Adrianna and Scott arrived home late Sunday night, and since then, Adrianna's been filling me in on the details of her trip.  Sounds like she and Daddy had fun times, and she and Natalie practiced arguing (in the midst of grand playing).  

On Monday, Adrianna got her first glimpse of the new swing set.  She, Abel, and our neighbor friend had great fun breaking it in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies