New kids

We have new kids around.  :)  Goat kids.  My mother-in-law's two Nigerian dwarf goats had kids.  The first mother had two goats.  The second one had a scary delivery of three goats, with contractions stopping during the second goat's birth.  Three adults literally had to help the baby goat come into the world.  And then a third bundle of goat joy followed easily behind.  A total of seven goats in one pen is a lot of goatness!

Over the past couple of years, Adrianna's worked towards being a "goat-girl," feeding and brushing the goats with Grandma.  So she loves holding their babies and trying to think for names for them.  Abel's not quite sure what is so special about the goats (or their kids), but he gives a couple of pat-pats to them each time we visit.  He mostly loves picking up handfuls of dirt in their pen to hand to whoever is nearby.

I am not sure that I am cut out to be a farm girl (I pet and hold the babies, and then keep my distance!), but I have to marvel at our Creator God, who instilled in animals to nurture and provide for their babies right from delivery.  These goats know exactly which babies are theirs and know how and when to provide them with milk.  They even make the effort to clean them up and answer them when they call.  No one can tell me that that happens by chance.  Only a God who loves us (and nurtures and provides for us) would instill in His creation the same love.

Comments

Ashley said…
AHH! I want a baby goat!! They are ridiculously adorable! (As are the kids of course! Ehh, the human kids)
Fishy_Fam said…
So cute!!! I want to bring one home!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies