Nesting

There have been several big projects I want to do before we bring our son home.  The first project on my list was organizing my 30 years' of photos, and was necessary for a couple of reasons.  First, piles of unorganized photos filled up drawers in our son's dresser.  Second, we all know what happens to big, time-consuming projects when child number two arrives: they go to the back burner until the kids are away at college!

I started the photo organizing attempt... hmm... seven years ago, when Scott and I lived in Colorado.  Needless to say, every time I tried to get into it, I got overwhelmed with the enormity of the project.  My photos were so haphazard, that they were literally in piles with a photo from 1981 next to a photo from 1997 -- and this was hundreds of them.
 
Soon after we got our referral, I forced myself to pull out the piles.  I worked a little for a few days and then procrastinated for several weeks.  Finally, in April, after putting Adrianna to bed in the evenings, I convinced myself to organize the photos for an hour or so, evening after evening... Until they were done.
I do not think words can adequately explain the relief I felt at finishing a job I started SEVEN years ago.

In comparison, my next project seemed easy and manageable!  I wanted to finish clearing out our boy's closet and bring down Adrianna's toddler toys from the attic to set up in our son's room.  On Friday night, the itch finally got so strong, I could not resist any longer.  (It probably did not hurt that I finally got allergy relief, and had so much more energy than before!)  My plan was to explode everything from the closet and boxes of toys, to see how everything could find a home.
I continued working for three hours...
Until the room was presentable!
It feels so good knowing that whenever our boy comes, his room is finally ready.  I will not have to skitter about trying to prepare it while we are busy packing to pick him up.

(You can probably see that our little grey, four-legged critter is the biggest fan of his room.  I sure hope our boy is not allergic to cats!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies