Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day (as you probably already know).  After several previous Mother's Days with confused expectations and martyr-like behavior, I finally got bold, and just told Scott what I wanted for the day.

Scott even did more than I asked for, and started the day with honey pancakes and eggs, courtesy of Scott and Adrianna.  From there, we dealt with a lot of screaming (we think Adrianna might have anxiety about making holidays special, which might come out in her screams), before finally making it to church.  The church part was another gift in itself.  Not just so me, but to the whole congregation.  After six years of waiting, we are finally allowed to enjoy our new facility.
 
As per my request, Scott made some delicious chicken enchiladas for dinner.  And his dad made a lovely concoction salad (who knew that croutons, lettuce, Parmesan, and oranges went together?!).
One of my favorite parts was watching Adrianna give the presents she made to Scott's mom.  She made a book, called Rusty's Friend Bailey, and read it with Julie.
And signed a card that sings "You are my Sunshine."
 And she recorded a card for me.  What a joy hearing her tiny recorded voice telling me, "I love you and Happy Mother's Day, and I'll give you a hug."
Overall, it was a lovely day.  But I have the tiniest taste of what infertile families deal with on Mother's and Father's Day...  That sense in knowing that someone else should be there.  

Just know that I'm thinking about you, sweet boy, and I'm hoping we'll get to see you by Father's Day.

And to anyone dealing with infertility, my heart goes out to you.  May God bless you in your pain.

Comments

The Chesnut's said…
Sounds like a wonderful day! I told Neal this year what I wanted, a water hose!!! I got two! I promise you, next Mother's day will be even better than this Mother's Day because your litte guy will be there!
You have such a beautiful family! Thank you for your comment in my blog. Get ready (as if you weren't!!) in less than a week it will be your turn! and everything will be in place for you to pass court! You are in our prayers!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies