News and more waiting

I don't know how I could be so down about good news.  Well, actually, I do.  We got more news about our court date today.  Good, right?  It should have been.  But I was anticipating that the news was that we passed court and our son was officially declared ours.

Instead, we got news that we know a court date.  And it's April 19. 

I know, in the scheme of time and eternity, another week-and-a-half longer does not sound long.  It sounds very brief.  But to me, the mother longing for my son, it sounds like an eternity already tacked on to an eternity of waiting.

I've  been letting our Father know that I am sad, but grateful.  He's been letting me know that He is faithful, and all these wonderful promises He has taught me in the last months still hold true.  He is still Father to our fatherless boy.  He is still working all things together for good.  He is still in control (and He has been working!).

And the good news is...  We have a court date!  (It just happens to be my mom's birthday, too.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies