Court date... rescheduled

The day to finalize our child as ours...  Delayed. 

Praying, praying, praying for this day since we first heard about it ten days ago (and long before that).  In anticipation, I woke several times during the night and just kept praying -- knowing that was the time in Ethiopia when the process would happen.

When I finally awoke, it was with such anticipation.  And then I waited.  Each hour led to extra longing.  Each email that came -- would it be the one saying that our son was ours now?  

7:00 am -- Check email.  No news from the agency.
8:00 am -- Still no news.   Decide to email our contact at the agency: "Any news on our verdict?"
9:00 am -- Still no news.  "Mommy, are we going anywhere this morning?"  "Umm... No."  (Don't want to leave the computer.)
10:00 am --  Saw an email from our agency.  With shaking hands, I pushed the button to open the email -- wanting to know, but not wanting disappointing news.
10:01 am -- Read agency's email.  Court date rescheduled for April 29.  Stomach drops to the floor.
10:02 am -- Realization hits: more waiting.
1:53 pm -- Still dealing with the disappointment.  For days, I have been anticipating the rejoicing of this day.  I would get to post pictures and information about our precious son on this blog.  In my head, I choose which pictures to post.  I have even been deciding how we could celebrate as a family.  I think I finally decided on McFlurry's from McDonald's -- :)  A very special treat that I never allow myself to have. 

Yes, I am disappointed.  But I knew there was a reason the Lord lead me to Psalm 27:13,14 in two different sources this morning.  I am certain there is a message He wanted me to hear.

I would have lost heart, 
unless I had believed
that I would see the
goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait (in faith) on the Lord;
be of good courage,
and He shall strengthen your 
heart;
wait, I say, on the Lord!

Comments

The Chesnut's said…
I am sorry to hear this. My heart breaks for you guys. I will keep praying. God is in control (as you are constantly reminded by the scripture he leads you to) and his timing is perfect. His power is also made perfect in our weakness. Love you
I am SO sorry!!! I was SO excited for you...I will pray that the Lord lift you up during this really hard waiting time.
Unknown said…
I am sorry to hear th news, but your heart through this all is such a picture of us with Christ! I love how much you love this child you have never been able to touch yourself. It is such a reflection of Christ waiting for us, and how much he loves us. Thank you for continuing to take us on this adventure with you!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies