The potential for heartache

If you saw the previous post, you know that we have been waiting and praying for a court date.  A court date allows our son to be legally declared ours and then begins our process of going to pick him up.

That was the process until today.  As of today, Ethiopia has changed the adoption method.  As a way to further safeguard their children, Ethiopia now requires all families to come to Ethiopia for their child's court date.  The family must then leave their child, wait approximately 4-8 weeks (while the paperwork and visa dates are put in place), and return to bring their child home.

In so many ways, this new process is harder than what we anticipated.  Looking past the added airline and travel expenses, I cannot look past the potential heartache.  How do I hold and hug and cuddle my precious waiting son and then say "Goodbye, I am not allowed to take you home yet"?

I cry even thinking about it.  My longing to bring him home has only grown with each passing day since our referral.  I cannot even imagine what the longing will be once I meet him.

Father, grant us grace.  You are so kind to us.  Now we so desperately need your peace that passes all understanding.

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh my sweet cousin, you are in our prayers!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies