Court date!!

Last night, on our agency's online forum, we heard that another family -- who received their referral a month later than we did -- received a court date.

While reading this left me a little disappointed, I could not even wallow in it.  In the bottom of my heart, God had already granted me a blessed peace (as only He can).

This morning, I left my email box open, only to hear the wonderful mail chime a few minutes later.  When I went to check, there it was... the message I have been waiting for since January 25.

We have a court date!!!!!!!!!  The funny thing is, we don't know when it is yet!  Usually, a family is told when their court date is, but our Ethiopian representative said he had not received that part of the information yet.  I'm okay with that for now.  I know it's coming (probably some time in the next week to week and a half).

Another part that I need to explain is what I was not able to share in a previous post.  We got word a couple of weeks ago that our Ethiopian advocates returned to the country's judges, and asked for a grace period for families like ours, so that we would not have to travel twice.  And a grace period was granted!

While we would love to meet our sweet son sooner, we are excited to not have to meet him only to say "Goodbye" to him one day later and then return for our visa date to pick him up.

Now if I can ask for you help, will you pray with us that all the necessary pieces come together (the orphanage, the paperwork, our representative, the Ethiopian Ministry of Women's Affairs, the relinquishing family members, and the judges) so that we can "pass court" the first time?  Thank you!

Comments

J.E.Oppenheim said…
This is so great!!!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Dixie said…
Marianne...Happy for you guys to hear that you have a court date! We are a CHI family that accepted our referral on 2/19/10 and haven't heard anything about court yet except that we will only travel once. I did notice that at least one family that accepted their referral after us got a court date. So, hoping to hear some good news soon! We are a family in Missouri adopting a 3 year old girl. We have two bio boys (7) and (4). I do not post a lot on the yahoo group. My blog is not completed, but it is godsnyah.blogspot.com/. Feel free to email me.
Best of luck to you guys...Dixie
Fishy_Fam said…
Oh, so excited!!! What an answer to prayer. The kids ask about when their little cousin is coming home -- we are so excited to get to know him. Praying for a court date soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies