Darkest before the dawn

We have now officially been on our adoption waiting list for eleven months and one week (18 months since we started the process). The average wait for families waiting for the same age/gender child is eleven months. As you may note, we've waited our average. Now is just extra, bonus waiting.

Our friends have been so kind in checking on us during the wait. But, as I explained to one friend yesterday, I am at the place where I feel that it is darkest before the dawn. I know the dawn of our referral is coming. But right now, with the waiting continuing, I feel the darkest part of the night.

Our child waits. We wait. We just want to be united.

Aptly, last week's lesson for the Sunday school class that I help with was about God's faithfulness to provide His promised child to Abraham. Abraham waited years. YEARS for his promised child. He had to wait until he was almost 100. He waited. I can wait, too. We serve the same God and He is still faithful.

Comments

J.E.Oppenheim said…
Oh, Marianne, my heart just aches for you. From the time I lost Elizabeth Joy to the time I had Julie Anne was more than two years, so I have some understanding of this wait. I'd love to talk with you, cry with you, or whatever else you feel like, since we're both hurting right now, if you'd like. Let me know how I can join in sharing your load. I love you so.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies