A Daddy Day

Adrianna is blessed with a kind and generous father and I am blessed with a kind and generous husband. Scott had Monday off work (in exchange for working the first half of Christmas Eve), and he was brave enough to make the 3-hour round-trip to the zoo alone with Adrianna.

We tried to convince her that I could go, too. But her persuasive words, "This is my special date with Daddy," were the final decision for us on the matter.

I enjoyed the day by myself, getting to workout, wrap some presents, deliver a few gifts, and even watch a Christmas movie. It's a rare treat for a stay-at-home mom to be home... alone. :)

And Adrianna and Scott seemed to have a great day, too. When I checked in on them by cell phone during the day, I could hear Adrianna's happy voice, full of excitement in the background. And she came home buzzing about the stories Dad told her in the car and the animals they saw at the zoo. We even got her right to bed, before she fell apart from fatigue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies