Craft stick mangers

Preschool preparation is a little different than elementary preparation. Having done both, I don't know if I would choose which I like better. They're just different. Teaching fifth graders, I had to do abundantly more research, to make sure I passed on accurate information to the next generation. With preschool, I do not need research, but I do need preparation! First, there is a different state of mind in choosing projects that little, unexperienced hands can make, without the teacher ending up making the whole thing. Second, there is more cutting and preparing of the crafts, so that they will be at the stage that those little hands can finish.


Over the weekend, I spent far more hours than I care to admit preparing seven little craft stick mangers for our preschool this week. I had to get them to the stage where the children would be able to complete them (hopefully!) on their own. And a thought kept nagging at the back of my mind as I put so much energy into them: I'm making all these little mangers, and some of them will probably end up in the land fill after Christmas!

Well, I will hope that they last the families a few years, anyway. And besides, is the process, not the product that matters, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies