Praying for you


Dear Child,

We want you to know we are praying for you. We long to know you and to hold you, but before we can, we trust that God is knowing you and holding you.

Others are praying for you, too! Just yesterday, my dear friend Ashley wrote to me to tell me about it. I thought you might want to know all this some day, so here it is...

I've been thinking about you and your baby lately. And the thought that keeps coming to me is that passage from the Bible: "Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth; even every one that is called by my name..." Isaiah 43. I know that God has a plan for both of you. And I know that where ever your baby is now, God is with him (or her!) and taking care of him. :) Just wanted you to know you aren't the only one praying about it.

One more thing... Our whole sermon this morning was about adoption into God's family! Our pastor just returned from China with his second adopted daughter. He reminded us that adoption is the way God has chosen from the beginning to bring His people into His family.

That beautiful picture at the top is the picture from today's church bulletin. I couldn't help crying when I saw it. That's going to be your hand in ours someday, kid. How beautiful.

Much love,
Mom

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dear Heavenly Father,

When my child is hurting, be his or her comfort and hiding place. Restore his or her soul. Let goodness and mercy follow him or her all the days of his or her life, and let his or her cup overflow. I thank You, Lord, that he or she will dwell in Your house forever.

(From Prayers for my Children, Psalm 23)

Much love,
Your adopted child, Marianne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies