Flashback to the 80's

On Saturday, after many weeks of pleading from Adrianna, I got down my box of Barbies from the attic. This box had not been opened in many years. And these Barbies had not been played with in almost 2 decades.

I came to discover how much Barbies represent the current culture, because these Barbies sure did not look modern! I even still have a few Barbies and outfits from my mom's collection she had shared with me (from the 1960's). These ones looked even more "vintage."
What amazed me was how these mere toys brought to remembrance the value I had placed on them. For an instant, I even wondered if I would be able to let Adrianna play with them, knowing how I had ruined some of my mom's, when I was Adrianna's age. They also brought to mind the hours I spent playing with them, and the imagination I used to create a world for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies