Family visit

Last weekend, my dad and Debbie came for a visit. They arrived early enough on Friday afternoon that we squeezed in a hike by our ski hill to see some fall colors. We then utilized one of the cookout sites to cook some hot dogs and s'mores on a campfire. It was a wee bit cold, but it was fun to fit in one last campfire before spring. Adrianna loves getting to cookout, so it was neat to be able to give her a little treat with her grandparents.

On Saturday, we headed for the "world's longest aerial tram." It was the perfect time of year to see the leaves in the canyons below us as we headed to the top of the peak. The weather was beautiful; thankfully there was not too much wind, and we ate at the restaurant, and walked around a little to take in extra views.


As we went to ride the tram back down, we discovered there were "mechanical difficulties," and ended up having to wait for forty-five minutes before the tram was repaired. I think the wait was worth it, because who wants to be suspended in the air, only to discover that repairs are needed?! While we waited, a migraine hit me (always out of the blue!), but Scott kindly got me some coffee to go with my Tylenol, and I felt a little better by the time we got on the tram.

A trip to Trader Joe's rounded out a full Saturday! And Sunday passed quickly, with church and lunch at Haagen Daz cafe, before Dad and Debbie returned home.

Comments

The Chesnut's said…
Oh, the visit sounds wonderful! How funny about the tram.. I did not want to tell you in advance, but I always wanted to take the tram, but I kept hearing about delays while people were on the tram in mid air! So I am glad you were not there!
:) Beautiful pictures!!

I don't think I have ever seen such perfect marshmellows, ("marthmellows"), as in the picture with Debbie! Roasted to perfection without it becoming burned!

So glad you had fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies