Labor day weekend labor

When Scott and I bought our house, over four years ago, it was in fairly decent condition. But, as with all houses (especially one 35 years old), there are always projects that need to be done.

One of the projects that reminded me of its necessity every day was our bathroom. The former owners put in a new sink and shower, which work quite nicely. But their newness only served to draw attention to the old -- formerly white -- vinyl floor. And for a reason unbeknown to us, the heater vent had been jammed down into itself at sometime in our house's history. Over time, the lower wall corner by the shower had been getting wet, and growing soggy and crumbly.

This left us with three bathroom projects that needed completion, and which were nagging at me. As I described it to Scott, I did not mind cleaning Adrianna's bathroom, but I did mind cleaning ours, because it never seemed clean, even after I just finished cleaning it!

All that background leads up to Labor Day weekend. I kindly asked (begged?) Scott and Steve to see if they could work on those projects with their four day weekend. They kindly (if reluctantly) agreed to try.

Here you can see the old white vinyl tiles, being covered by the new ones.



Not much room for two people to work!

... And the finished product! For a mere $30 and a weekend of labor.

Comments

Rebecca said…
That looks super nice! How did you do it for just $30?
The Chesnut's said…
Looks very nice! Design on a Dime!!! Neal's comments were... are you designing with your toliet in the shower... neat concept; His other comment was, what is Scott doing.. supervising?? Ha ha! It really looks great and I know you are so glad to have this complete!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies