In open fields of raspberries and wildflowers


Two weeks ago, on Wednesday, and a week ago, on Thursday, Adrianna and I took some friends along to our hidden raspberry trail.

Scott and I discovered this trail a couple of years ago with my Dad and Debbie, and came at just the right time of year to nibble the wild raspberries along the way.

Gathering wild raspberries enchanted me. It was an experience I held close to my heart. Living in such dry terrain, wild raspberries seemed an impossibility to me. Yet, 20 minutes from my house, heading up towards the greener mountains, we found them, hidden amidst wild flowers and lush surroundings. And I vowed to return every year at this time. And so we returned last year.

And this year, I took some friends along for the journey. Not only did we discover a few handfuls of raspberries, as we did last year, but we even filled a bag with fruit to take home to our families.


There is something about being in the beauty of God's creation that makes my heart happy. I am sure it is because we can see His fingerprint and His creativity so unspoiled.




Something I just realized... When we thought about moving to New Mexico, five years ago, I was hesitant to do so because I did not want to give up the beauty of the Colorado outdoors. Kind of funny as I think about that now, being spoiled by weekly hikes in our pure, nearly untouched New Mexican wilderness. God sure does give us more than we can ask or imagine.

Comments

Amen and Amen! :)

LOVE that last picture...it's a framer! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies