Celebrating Adrianna

Adrianna turns four tomorrow. Obviously, I have known this was coming for a while... But it took me until last Wednesday to figure out I should probably put together a party for her! In previous years, family has come into town for the Labor Day holiday, and we have celebrated Adrianna's birthday together. The family made other plans this year, so my ready-made party was not going to be so easy this time. Gratefully, the families in our play group, Adrianna's grandparents, and even Adrianna's great aunt and uncle were able to deal with short notice, and attend Adrianna's party yesterday afternoon.

Because I had babysitting duties on Thursday, left for a women's retreat on Friday morning, and didn't return until Saturday night, I had Sunday morning to pull together the party for Sunday afternoon! I was left with a mere three hours, and with Scott''s help, I did the grocery shopping, we prepared food for 13 people, and we had a birthday party!

My goal was to allow Adrianna to feel celebrated, and I think she did. She even sang "Happy Birthday" with us, while we sang to her. :) Anticipating the party, on Saturday night, she had a hard time falling asleep. We overheard her singing to herself repeatedly, "I'm going to have a birthday party tomorrow, after church, after nap!!"




Comments

YAY!! How fun is this?!?! :)

Love those boots, by the way, I have some that are almost exactly their match from Cessy! :)

Happy Birthday to the cute, cute b-day girlie!!
The Chesnut's said…
Love the boots!!! Sorry we were not there to celebrate! She looks so grown up!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies