Unfinished

As you know, I am a person who likes to get things done. Leaving things undone is excruciating to me. I don't start a project unless I know I can finish it. Sometimes that means I just won't start things that need to be started, because of the fear of leaving them unfinished.

Well, I have started something. And no matter how I try, I cannot bring myself to finish it. It has been on my "to do" list for weeks, and I cannot motivate myself to make any progress on it.

If you have been following my blog, you might have guessed what it is. A few months ago, I was updating the blog with the progress of our new kid's room. There are pictures of Scott and my father-in-law wainscoting the room beautifully. You may have noticed that I have never put up the "before" and "after" pictures. That is because there is no "after" yet. The room is still waiting for paint retouching, and pictures on the walls, and finished bedding, and junk removed. And no matter how many times it is on my mental "to do" list, I cannot bring myself to finish those things.

I finally figured out why.

If our child has a finished and ready room, I want our child to be in it.

That's pretty hard to face. If we have a finished and ready room, that doesn't change the fact that our child might still be waiting for us in poverty.

Thank You, Lord, that You are the Comforter for the widows and the orphans.
John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

Comments

J.E.Oppenheim said…
What a true and deep realization about your little one! And one more way to be praying for you and for your precious child, for protection in the waiting period. Perhaps Schubert's "Unfinished" Symphony would be a good addition here--of course he didn't consider it unfinished. He broke tradition and considered it complete with 2 movements rather than the proper form of 4. There's a blog in his willingness to be misunderstood by the world in order to produce the final form of music he felt was the complete one.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies