Music has come

I feel so blessed. One of my dear friends knew how I have longed for a piano since I left home 11 years ago. And when she moved out of her house, she offered her piano to me. I understand offering someone something you might not want to move -- a toaster, an old chair. A piano?? I find that extremely generous.

Scott and Steve (with the help of several other men) managed to bring that piano to our house last night. I run the risk of overflowing my house with furniture. But I'm willing to take that chance to get music into my house.

My fingers ached to touch the keys last night, as the piano found its new home. But alas, Adrianna was asleep. I stole a few notes, and then waited until she was eating breakfast this morning to pull out the long-awaiting piano books that I have been hoarding all these years. I do not sound marvelous, and the piano needs a little tune-up, but my heart has been soaring with the notes that have been filling this house.

Adrianna, too, has been longing to make music every spare minute I will let her. It gave me such a smile this morning to hear her softly touching random notes, while singing "Twinkle, Twinkle."

...For an update on Adrianna's room, I slid the wardrobe into place yesterday. Adrianna was overjoyed to hang up her own shirts in the little closet at just her height. (Coat hangers are one of her favorite toys.)

Before she went to bed last night, I took down all the pictures/shelves from her wall, because I wanted to be able to rearrange them into new locations in her room. When I got her up this morning, she said, with tears in her eyes, "I'd really like my pictures back up on my walls." (She's been ultra-sensitive lately, with everything making her cry. I'm hoping this is not a long stage; it is quite heart-breaking for a mom.)

And I couldn't help but include this picture of Adrianna yesterday at the fun zone. Why do I have a feeling that is what she will be doing in about ten years? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies