Prayers for my children


"Lord, protect my children's hearts from scars caused by the trials and struggles of this life. I thank You that they do not have to become negative or pessimistic as a result of circumstances around them, because they have hope and abundant life in You. Help them to fix their eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, for it is eternal (2 Corinthians 4:8-9, 16-18)."

Prayer Point Press (http://www.renewalministries.com/store/) puts together selections of Scripture-based prayers for different topics. Above is one of the prayers for our children that I find particularly striking. It serves as a reminder that we are not to pray that our children's lives would be trial-free. We are to pray that they would grow in their hope in Christ through their struggles. As a parent, that's a hard thing to fully grasp. I know I am still working on it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies