Father's Day


Adrianna worked on Father's Day gifts for the last three weeks. For her grandfathers in Colorado, she made cards. For her grandfather here, she painted a dog dish and created a book about his dog (The Copper Magazine). And for her daddy, she made a "What I love about my dad" picture and Scott's Dizzy Book by Anna.

I am so proud of how hard she worked (I know I'm not forcing her to, when she loves crafts!). Since she's just learning to write her letters, she had to focus on each page of the books she wrote, to form each new letter carefully. That was a serious act of concentration.

But in addition to working hard, she also tried to be so thoughtful. When we were at the grocery store last week, she saw a blueberry muffin mix. She started thinking out loud: "Mom... Dad and I both like blueberry muffins. Can I... Can I make them for him... for --- his day?" Beautiful. That kind of thoughtfulness is such a gift.

Adrianna had such joy giving her presents to her loved ones. On Saturday, she was looking at pictures with Scott on the computer, and slipped, "That one we put in your book!" Scott looked at her carefully, and said, "Were you supposed to tell me that?" She got a little flustered... "Um, it was on my list," she said, embarrassed. Scott came to tell me what happened, and I asked Adrianna if she wanted to give her dad his book early. She readily consented. I don't have words to describe the light and joy radiating from her face, as she saw her hard work being appreciated by the one she created it for. (I can only imagine the look God must have when we truly see His hand in His creation and give Him the glory for it.)

And since words are so limited, I've included many photos. May they help do justice to a beautiful girl's joy in giving.
Showing where she painted her name





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies