Mother's Day

Adrianna with me (Oct. 2005)

Adrianna with me (Mother's Day, May 2009)



I woke up yesterday, finishing up a dream about Scott and me going to Ethiopia to pick up our new child. During the dream, I was overwhelmed with the desire to take our child home. I woke up with the same desire, but also the renewed peace that we will be able to take our child home in due time. In the dream, our child was a girl (third dream I've had that we're getting a girl! But we'll see!), and right before it ended, Scott and I were trying to decide on a name. When I woke up to see Scott standing beside me, I quickly told him what I dreamed. The first thing he asked was, "What was her name?" ...It was a perfect Mother's day present.

I was also treated with talapia for lunch (a Sam's Club meal that Scott prepared). We then went to see "The Music Man," presented by the 4th-6th graders from one of our elementary schools. We only stayed for part (it was 2 1/2 hours!), but when we left, Adrianna protested, "But I wanted to see more!" which we were pleasantly surprised by!

Adrianna gave me some "slobbery" Mother's Day kisses (her words, not mine!) to celebrate the day. And Scott made my favorite for dinner: Swedish meatballs.

Because a mom's work is never done, I also did four loads of laundry and washed four pots before the day was over.

Adrianna impressed us by saying something precious when she got up yesterday morning. As she looked at her name on her bedroom door, she declared, "My name has an A at the beginning, an A at the end, and an A in the middle. That's three A's!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies