The wait

We are two months into our wait for our new child. The waiting brings a yearning I never knew would be there. A yearning for my child's safety. A yearning for my child's needs to be met. A yearning to know when... and how... and what. A boy or a girl? A baby or a toddler? Cared for or neglected?

We know many couples who are years into their waiting for their adopted child. How do they remain patient? Scott and I have complete trust that God will bring us the child He has chosen for us from before the foundation of the world. But I just want to meet him or her!

Just out of curiosity, I looked up "wait" in the Bible. And boy, did those people wait. Noah waited for the land to be renewed after being stuck in a boat with animals for weeks. Abraham waited until he was an old man for his son. Job waited for his time of release to come (Job 14:14) after his days of hard service. Moses waited for forty years in the wilderness only to be reminded that his sin made it impossible for to enter the land he led his people to. Ruth waited with Naomi to see if Boaz would be her kinsman-redeemer. Hannah waited for her baby, Samuel. When she finally got him, she gave him to the Lord's service. David waited for Saul's fury to pass so that he could claim his rightful reign.

All this just in the first few books of the Old Testament! There were so many more verses, I didn't even get to look them all up. But here's verse that I think I need to write on my heart in this waiting:

Psalm 33:20-21

20 We wait in hope for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.

21 In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.

Comments

I can hardly stand the wait either...so I can't imagine what you must be feeling!

Such hope and courage in your words! Glad you are taking heart in the Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies