Spring


Spring has always been one of my favorite seasons. A short sleeve shirt and pants, to me, seems to be the perfect attire. Since winter is too cold and summer is too warm for such attire, it appears to be obvious why spring would be the superior season. :)

The recent advent of seasonal (springtime) allergies, consisting of headaches and dizziness (from excessive ear fluid), has put a damper on my favorite season. But hopefully, I'll be able to find some remedies which can alleviate some of these drawbacks to beautiful spring.

The lovely weather has lent itself to me increasing my bike rides. Riding the "video bikes" at the YMCA has been nice for the winter, but nothing can replace the invigoration of the wind blowing and the birds singing on a pleasant outdoor ride.

Now that I'm over the aforementioned dizziness, I've had a recurrence of migraines. I had been migraine free since last summer, when my grandmother started praying for me. ...Until last Friday and then yesterday. Now I'm praying for their swift demise. :)

Rarely in my life have I felt so helpless as I have lately. So many days of weariness (allergies) combined with the migraines have left me behind in all my house projects. For a "Let's get it done" person like me, that's a dreadful place to be. I'm having to learn contentedness to let somethings wait, so I can concentrate on the necessities (laundry, meals), but it is not easy. I know myself well enough that I despise putting projects off, because that can mean they are off forever (or at least for a very long time).

A learning process... And what a reminder to be thankful for all the good health I've enjoyed and all the things that I can still do. I know there are so many who do not regularly enjoy good health, so I am grateful for what I have.

And Lord, somehow make me grateful even for migraines. Oh, I know! I'm grateful that heaven will be migraine-free eternally. :)

On a different note, Scott snapped this picture the other night, of Adrianna sweetly feeding a baby a bottle. Preparation for new sibling?

Comments

WOW! What a BEAUTIFUL tree in y our back yard!! What I would give for a gorgeous, mature tree like that!! :)

The sweet pic of Anna is so precious! :) She's a natural!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies