So close...!

The man (my father-in-law) who says, "Good enough never is," is sure taking his motto seriously! His attention to detail makes for some lovely projects, but those of us (me) who are a little impatient, have to deal with the longer time line.



There is one corner left to be completed on the wainscoting project -- two tiny little boards to go in! When they were about to slide into place last night, my father-in-law realized that was the last of the glue! Who wants to buy a new liquid nails container for two measly boards?! :) Oh, well, I guess! After that, only the chair rail remains. Maybe by next week at this time, I'll be able to post the final "After" pictures. For now, I'll post the work-in-progress pictures.


In other news, on Monday, our play group had planned a trip to the zoo. It's a big ordeal to get six kids, four moms, and two in-laws 80 miles to the zoo. And... it didn't quite happen. Sunday night, I got a message that one mom, with her two kids, and one in-law was out, due to illness. At 8:30 Monday morning (30 minutes before meeting time), I got another call that another mom, with her two kids, and one in-law was out, due to not wanting to be at the zoo if it was cold and windy. The one final mom and kid other than Adrianna and me asked if we would just want to meet at her house to play.

I got off the phone to discuss said plan with said 3-year-old. "Anna, Jennifer's not coming to the zoo. Ivanka's not coming to the zoo. It would just be Jen and us. Do you want to just go play at Jen's house?" Lip quiver, eyes filling, "But Mom, I just really like the zoo." Bawling. "I like the zoo!" More bawling filling the background as I returned Jen's call. "Um, Jen, I don't think that we can just play today. This was Adrianna's response..." (hold phone up to crying). Jen says, "Yeah, let's just go."

After all that, the four of us had lovely weather, and a beautiful trip to the zoo. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies