The Zumba man

I go to Zumba on Monday nights at the YMCA. What could be more fun than burning calories with a couple girl friends, while looking silly doing Latin dance moves that truly were made for Latins, and not uncoordinated ladies like me? And what could be more frustrating than having a middle-aged man in the back row next to me correct my moves?? "It's LEFT foot, then RIGHT foot!"

After his second comment tonight, I finally looked at him and said, "Okay. Okay!" He backed off.

I know there are lessons in this... I've always had a hard time dealing with people correcting me. I know I do not like correction because my pride tells me that there is nothing wrong with me the way I am (which, deep down, I know is a lie!). But is this one of those times that I should accept admonishment? I'm just at Zumba to have some fun, not to win Dancing with the Stars.

For now, I will try my best to stand on the side of the room farther away from "Back Row Instructor". But I am open to any suggestions anyone would like to add!

What a blessing that my biggest "issue" of the evening is a strange Zumba encounter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies