So many blessings

Here's a quick picture of our precious one using her new computer... Now onto the blog.

All I know is that I am so undeserving and God is so deserving of praise.

I don't know why He blessed us so much, but I must tell about it -- not to boast of my possessions, but to give God the glory He deserves.

After nearly six months of working on our dossier, it was finally ready to send off. The only problem? We needed a large check to send with it. We planned to sell one of our cars (we had three old ones) to help pay for adoption costs. However, we originally checked Kelly Blue Book over the summer, and since then, our cars' values dropped significantly. After praying about it, we decided that if we sold two cars, we could use the money for adoption costs and get a car loan for another car (essentially a loan to finance our adoption).

And the rest is God's hand...
Last Friday, we started preparing our cars for resale on our town's "Lemon Lot." Before we could even buy a permit, my mother-in-law's friend called to ask about the cars. I gave her a little info, and she said, "Yeah, we'd be interested in both of those." By Sunday, she and her daughter came over, said they wanted the cars, and offered full price on both.
For the last week, we watched cars come and go on CarMax.com, looking for just the right car at the right price. With the sale of our two cars, we knew we needed to jump on finding a new one. Scott and I finally agreed on a used Acura SUV Tuesday morning. We tried to reach our salesman for three hours, before finally talking with someone else at the CarMax in Alb. The new saleswoman said that the car we wanted was under contract. Hmm... Scott and I brainstormed, grew a little frustrated, and finally thought. Scott suggested we try looking at the Alb. Acura dealer.

... Less than four hours later, we drove our new used Acura off the lot. It's more car than I ever dreamed of. The funny thing is, it was less expensive than the Honda Pilots I was wanting from CarMax, and less expensive than the Acura Scott and I wanted that had a contract on it.

Every time I get in the new car, I feel so undeserving. God has blessed us more than I ever could have imagined... And it's not because He gave us a nice car (that's just the icing). It's because He cares so much, He took control of our situation. Just like He promised. As if His gift of salvation isn't enough! What a God we serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies