Mission: Eradicate ring worm

Beautiful, healthy Rusty


Ring worm infested, sick Rusty (2 years ago)

If a picture is worth a thousand words, these two should speak volumes.

The comparison should hopefully explain more than my words ever could why I have been so disheartened that Rusty's ring worm has returned. What's worse than having a dog devastated by ring worm? Knowing that I gave it to him... twice.

I struggle to conquer the ring worm that has returned to my arms every winter for the last 13 years. Poor Rusty has gotten caught in the middle of that battle simply because he likes to cuddle.

Two years ago, it cost us more than $2000 to eradicate his ring worm. It spread like wildfire across a parched prairie because he takes steroids for his allergies. Apparently, steroids feed ring worm. Thus, the fear and anxiety when I noticed a bald patch on his leg last week. Two days later, six bald patches. Scott wonders if I should take Rusty to the vet. But I started treating him with everything I thought safe. Last night, I coated him in a bottle of Head & Shoulders, which I've used on my own ring worm. As his body shook from the trauma of being in the shower, I scrubbed Rusty over and over, praying, “God, destroy this ring worm and preserve Rusty.”



I’ve been praying. I don’t want fall victim to fear and worry. A couple of days ago, I got the distinct impression that I needed to check our supplies to see if we had any treatments left from the last time ring worm came to visit Rusty. This morning, I finally took the opportunity to check supplies. I found a one week supply of the $450 prescription that finally killed the ring worm. Directions recommend giving the pills for a month. But I have a week’s worth, and by George, I’m going to try it.

Scott’s still hesitant. But I feel the need to use what we have before we have to spend money that we don’t want to spend.

Did we know that God can glorify Himself even in ring worm?!

Comments

Wow! It's really worth a try! Poor guy! Those pictures are amazing as they show just how healthy or unhealthy he can be.

Hang in there with this!
The Chesnut's said…
Good luck! I am sorry you are having to go through this again! I will pray too!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Abel!

Brotherly love

Teaching supplies